iSeeCars is a rapidly growing Boston area company currently seeking smart, awesome, entrepreneurial developers. If you think you're one of them, please contact us at firstname.lastname@example.org.
Full Stack Java Web DeveloperJoin our development team to create a smarter car search engine using big data to help customers find the best car deals around! iSeeCars is founded by former TripAdvisor and SAP'ers, and we're growing at a tremendous speed.
Crunch through a large volume of data in the Cloud using Hadoop/EMR and make it accessible to millions of users in a friendly and innovative way. Build features that work seamlessly on desktop, mobile web and mobile app. You will work on all areas of the application and touch a wide range of technologies such as jQuery, bootstrap, Java, Hibernate, MySQL, Tomcat , Solr, Hadoop and much more. You will also have the opportunity to play a key role in bringing our rich feature set to an android application.
You're an awesome full stack Java web developer who is passionate about working on all layers in the stack, everything from the Front End to the Back End. You like working on end user facing websites, mobile websites and the android platform.
You will be spending at least 80% of time in hands-on coding. If you are someone who likes to create a compelling user experience on web and mobile, and wants to work in a fast paced exciting startup trying to make a difference, then this is an ideal job for you.
Skills & RequirementsMust have:
- Excellent problem solving and analytical skills
- At least 3 years of Java/Java web development experience using Servlets or equivalent MVC frameworks
- Proficiency with object oriented software design and development
- Knowledge of tools like Chrome Inspect Element, Google PageSpeed, Yahoo YSlow, Firebug
- Working knowledge of building an android application
- Writing back end queries with Hibernate/SQL
- Linux/Unix command line and Shell scripting
- Working knowledge of Amazon EC2, Cloudwatch, etc
Growth Marketing Analyst
Join our team at iSeeCars.com as we create the best car search engine and revolutionary new apps to help shoppers more easily find the best car deals and save money! We are turning car shopping on its head by applying Big Data analytics powered by over 25 billion (and growing) data points and using proprietary algorithms to objectively analyze, score and rank millions of cars and tens of thousands of dealers. To date, we have saved shoppers over $150 million. iSeeCars was founded by TripAdvisor and SAP veterans, and we're growing at a tremendous speed. iSeeCars has been featured extensively in the media in over 1,500 outlets, including the Wall Street Journal, CNN, Consumer Reports, Forbes, Fortune, "TODAY" show, USA TODAY, ABC, CBS, NBC and many more.
We are looking for a highly analytical, hard-working person to work with the CEO and CTO to help transform how iSeeCars acquires users across paid and organic marketing channels for our award-winning website and highly rated apps. You will analyze and assess the effectiveness and ROI of each channel (e.g., Google, Facebook, Apple, Criteo, etc), identify improvement and optimization opportunities, and develop and execute a strategy and plan for each. You will also evaluate and implement new ideas to help grow the company. We are big believers in trying new things, running experiments, measuring and understanding what works and what doesn't and iterating.
While we are in the car business, the core and value of our products is based on providing unparalleled information transparency to consumers to empower them to find a great car at a great price. Data is also something we used extensively internally to make decisions, innovate and evolve our products. So if you're awesome at using data, analyzing things and coming up with solutions and you love to learn, please send us an email telling us a bit about yourself and why you're a fit for the role along with your resume.
What you'll do:
Analyze each user acquisition channel and evaluate its effectiveness and ROI along with other KPI's you deem of importance to assess the value of the channel Research and identify improvement opportunities and experiments to run and where necessary work with engineering and content team to implement them Determine an approach to optimize each channel and develop a robust model / algorithm to automate and power the campaign creation/budgeting/optimization Explore new channels and ideas to acquire users on a profitable basis Track and keep the team abreast of the key metrics for each user acquisition channel You'll work on performance marketing and organic marketing channels including Facebook, Google, Apple, Criteo, email, and others
Skills & Requirements
Exceptional numerical, analytical and problem solving skills and experience Excellent interpersonal and communications skills Ability to work autonomously and collaborate effectively with others Loves to learn and enjoys digging in until a problem or solution is found
Nice to have:
Experience with using Google Adwords and/or Facebook Advertising for acquiring website traffic and/or app downloads Experience with Search Engine Optimization (SEO) and App Store Optimization Experience with email marketing Knowledge of CPC, CPA, LTV, conversion rate, etc Knowledge of writing backend queries with Hive/SQL Background in computer science, math, physics or engineering
- Principals only. Recruiters, please don't contact this job poster.
- do NOT contact us with unsolicited services or offers
Data Analyst - Big DataThe role of the Data Analyst will be providing reports and analyses for publication to advising on product design and user experience. The analyst will explore and discover insights by conducting extensive analyses of iSeeCars' trove of data. The individual will work independently as well as with the product and technology teams to identify, design, and implement statistical analyses of iSeeCars' data set to create original, insightful content that could help the consumers better shop for cars and to generate ideas for new features and capabilities to make iSeeCars.com even better for users.
What You'll Do:
- Research, identify and implement original ideas for analyses to create thoughtful insights for car shoppers
- Analyze performance and usage metrics to help drive growth in users, user engagement and revenue
- Plan and schedule research and analyses in order to meet established timetables and objectives
- Deep expertise with SQL and working with databases is a must.
- Experience with Hive preferred, but not necessary.
- Hands on experience working with large data sets, including statistical analyses, data visualization, data mining, and data cleansing/transformation.
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Strong numerical and analytical skills
- Entrepreneurial inclination to discover novel opportunities for applying analytical techniques to business/scientific problems across the company.
Business Development AssociateiSeeCars, a "Kayak.com" for car search, is using big data analytics to help consumers find their perfect cars at the best car deals. iSeeCars objectively analyzes millions of car listings and tens of thousands of dealers through proprietary algorithms to surface key stats and insights to help shoppers make smarter decisions in finding the best car at the best price. Founded a few years ago by experienced technologists and executives from TripAdvisor and SAP, iSeeCars is a rapidly growing company currently seeking smart, awesome, entrepreneurial talent.
The role of the Business Development Associate will be to work closely with the CEO to help drive success with external partners and develop and execute on a plan to grow the company through partnerships. Your responsibilities will span all aspects of partnership lifecycle from supporting development of the strategy to identifying new potential partners to reaching out and building relationships and managing discussions to structuring and closing deals and executing on implementations. The ideal candidate is someone who is creative, smart, driven and hungry!
What You'll Do:
- Support development of a strategy and plan to grow the user base and increase monetization through partnerships
- Analyze the mutual benefits and business case for prospective partners and structure and close the appropriate deal
- Manage implementation of the partnerships and work with the partner closely to achieve the necessary goals and objectives
- Track key performance metrics for each partnership
- Someone who is entrepreneurial, resourceful, smart, and driven
- Strong analytical skills
- Strong interpersonal and communications skills
- Someone who can think big picture and also drive results
- Contract/full time.
- Location: Boston metro area. Telecommute will be considered.
Data ScientistiSeeCars (https://www.iseecars.com) is an online car search engine focused on helping consumers search cars for sale smarter and easier. iSeeCars provides key insights and tools for consumers to make smarter decision in finding the right car at the right deal through big data analysis and mining. iSeeCars is looking for a data scientist to help mine large datasets, develop and implement models to help users search and buy cars smarter online.
What you'd help with:
- Analyze large volume of automotive content data and user behavioral data
- Develop predictive models and techniques
- Engineer and set up the necessary technical process to implement the models
- Identify new ideas for tools to better help iSeeCars users
- Creative technical problem solver and practical-minded software engineer
- Strong background in statistics
- Deep background (academic or industry experience) in adapting statistical and machine learning techniques and technologies for practical applications.
- Experience with creation and implementation of statistical models using programming languages and statistical software.
- MS/PhD or equivalent industry experience in Computer Science or related discipline with a specialization in Machine Learning or Data Mining
- Expert experience with the latest AI, machine learning, data mining, and network science algorithms
- Experience with RapidMiner/Weka, R, Java/Hadoop