A VIN (vehicle identification number) should contain only letters and numbers. For model years 1981
and later, all VINs are exactly 17 characters long, and the letters 'i', 'o' and 'q' are not used.
When we say free, we mean it. There are absolutely no hidden fees.
Our mission is to help the consumer get better educated about each vehicle before buying it. We know buying a used car is arduous and frustrating (we've been through it many times) and we believe having the right information and data helps make the process a bit less difficult and helps you get a better price.
The reports are Powered by iSeeCars' renowned data and research which have been featured in many major publications such as Forbes, Fortune, New York Times, Wall Street Journal, Automotive News, Consumer Reports, and CNBC.
Each vehicle analysis may include:
- Price Analysis - estimation of how much we think is a fair value for the car based on analyzing similar cars for sale or cars sold in the same local area.
- Price History - a log of price changes and when each price was changed.
- Listing History - a record of the dates and places the car was historically listed for sale.
- Condition - analysis of mileage, identification of positives and negatives about the vehicle, and other resources to check before buying the car.
- Dealer Scorecard - comparison of the dealer with other dealers in terms of price competitiveness, responsiveness and transparency.
- Projected Depreciation - estimation of how much the car will depreciate over 1, 2 and 3 years and in comparison with similar cars.
- Best Time to Buy (and Sell) - as with houses, cars also exhibit seasonal fluctuations. We analyze when or what months may get you a better price.
What users are saying about this VIN Lookup tool:
"Excellent job - BOTH as a Company, AND as a Service to the "Buying Public". Keep up the good work in informing prospective Buyers !!!"
"Excellent information. Great details. Thanks"
"Very comprehensive and concise information"
"Great, informative, clear and concise information. Thank you very much."